Summer is here and once again the heat to our heads and the sudden increase in lady flesh on display leads men to do strange things they wouldn't do under normal circumstances. Like mix alcohols.
Yep, for whatever strange reason as soon as the sun comes out men get a rush vodka to the head and suddenly BAM! We think we're Tom Cruise (in 'Cocktail' obviously, not Tom Cruise in 'War of the Worlds', nobody wants to be trapped in a movie that shit). So you get some friends round, you move all the drink outside, the sun creates a chemical reaction with the alcohol already swimming around your brain and then its "Well its three shots of Tequila, 2 shots of Sambuca, 3 shots of beer and instead of ice I've used frozen diced carrots. I've named it the Flaming Sick Bag".
But before you get too experimental here are a few classic and not so classic cocktail recipe's to help get your party started.
- 1½ limes
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 2½ tsp granulated sugar
- Crushed ice
- 1 shot of white rum (Bacardi)
- splash soda water, to taste
- fresh mint sprig, to garnish
- "Muddle" (mash) the mint and sugar with the end of a muddler or spoon, to bruise the mint and release the lime juice. Add the ice and pour the rum. Finally add soda water to taste and stir well. Garnish with a mint sprig if you’re feeling a bit fancy.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream
- 1/2 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Layer the drinks by pouring each layer gently over the back of a spoon.
- 1 shot of Tequila
- 1 Shot of Jack Daniels
- 1 tbs of Tobasco Sauce
- Pour all the ingredients into a shot glass. Rim the glass with Tobasco Sauce and stand well back.
- 1 part sugar syrup (or flavoured syrup)
- 2 parts lime juice
- 8 parts white rum (Bacardi)
- Pour into a shaker with crushed ice, shake well into the outside of the shaker is frosted. You can add fruit juices or fruit syrups to create flavours.
IRISH SLOP TRAY
- 1 shots Gin, 1 shot Peach Schnapps
- 1 shot Rum, 1 shot Blue Curacao
- 1 shot Vodka, 1 shot Triple Sec
- 1 Can of Energy Drink
- Pour all of the liquors over ice and stir (not shake). Add the energy drink which will float and slowly seep down turning the mix an emerald green colour. Approach with caution.
LONG ISLAND ICED TEA
- 1 shot vodka, 1 shot gin
- 1 shot white rum, 1 shot fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar syrup, 2 handfuls crushed ice
- Coke, to top up
- Place the vodka, gin, rum, lemon juice and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker and shake well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a highball glass half-filled with ice and top up with cola.
FROG IN A BLENDER
- 2 shots of Vodka
- Cranberry Juice
- 2 Slices of Lime
- Put in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
And if you still need help equipping your cocktail bar (and let’s face it, no real man should be without vital beverage equipment) then check out our friends at.